If you are concerned about a severance application that may affect you, you should:

  • find out as much as possible about the application
  • discuss your concerns with the consent-granting authority
  • write the consent-granting authority.

If you have any concerns, you should make sure that you let council know about them early in the process. The consent-granting authority will then have time to think about what you said and may make changes before the land severance is approved.