If you want to change the way you use all or part of the building, you may need a change of use permit, even if you’re not planning any construction. A building evaluation may have to be done to make sure that the existing building can support the proposed use. Different uses have different Building Code requirements. Contact the Deseronto Building Department to find out whether you will need a change of use permit.